• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Orientation in Bridge View

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with seeing my images in the orientation they were taken -- so I know what to rotate for upload to various sites. Bridge is automatically rotating them so they view correctly -- but I want to see the images as they were shot. Is there a way to alter the view so there is no "auto rotate" turned on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of, but you could run the following script that will select all files in the selected folder that need to be rotated.

The script need to be saved as plain text with a .jsx extension. The correct folder can be opened by going to Bridge preferences - Startup Scripts and clicking the "Reveal my Startup Scripts" button.

#target bridge;

if( BridgeTalk.appName == "bridge" ) { 

rotatedFiles = MenuElement.create( "command", "Rotated Files", "at the end of Tools");

}

rotatedFiles.onSelect = function () {

var sels = app.document.visibleThumbnails;

var rotated = new Array();

for (var a in sels){if(sels.rotation != 0) rotated.push(sels);}

app.document.deselectAll();

for(var z in turned) { app.document.select(rotated);}

};

Once the file is saved close and restart Bridge and accept the new script.

To use: Tools - Rotated Files

It should then select all files that need to be rotated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting how to save the script as a jsx file. I tried to save in word as text only and assign the extension, but it adds a .txt extension to it. I'm not very savvy with this kind of stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word is not good, notepad might be better. You could allways just rename it when saved.

Word has a tendancy to save control characters in the file.

You can download it here:-

Rotated Files.jsx - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could always just turn off auto rotation in the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow -- sometimes the simplest fix is the most obvious. This is a small point and shoot camera, not my professional gear. I guess I have to figure out how it works. Dang, thanks for making my brain work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines