• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image sharpness in Photoshop & Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Bridge show all images soft.  when I bring them into Phtoshop they are sharp. I'm on windows 10. In preferences; My view of images is set to "Keep 100% Previews in Casche.  Plus Casche is purgde every 30 days. I purged all local files.

I searched the support community and didn't find anything on this problem. Seems like two updates ago I didn't have this problem.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

I did find out that if you have a new version of Bridge, not sure exactly when this happens, but the new version will use the old versions cache. So if you are having the issue, purge the cache, which you did say you're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in the latest Bridge v10.0 which will be released at MAX 2019. To access this build now, please sign up for Adobe prerelase https://adobeprerelease.com and download the latest build of Bridge from the site. After installing the new version, you have to right-click on the folder in Bridge and "Purge cache for selection" so that the cache from the older version is not used.

In the rare case that even this version preview isn't sharp enough for you, you can select "Gen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Photoshop forum to the Bridge forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've noticed it too, as have others. It's sharp if viewed at 100%, but slow to do so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find out that if you have a new version of Bridge, not sure exactly when this happens, but the new version will use the old versions cache. So if you are having the issue, purge the cache, which you did say you're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in the latest Bridge v10.0 which will be released at MAX 2019. To access this build now, please sign up for Adobe prerelase https://adobeprerelease.com and download the latest build of Bridge from the site. After installing the new version, you have to right-click on the folder in Bridge and "Purge cache for selection" so that the cache from the older version is not used.

In the rare case that even this version preview isn't sharp enough for you, you can select "Generate Monitor Size Previews" under Bridge  Edit Menu, Preferences, Advanced

Teja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all!! will try the adobeprerelease.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried to download the adobeprerelease.com. It's no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It said that it's no longer available? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck, The prerelease program is available via the link https://adobeprerelease.com. Select Adobe Bridge and download v10.0 Drop 4 (or latest).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teja, I see something, but Sherry, the OP, says that it's no longer available. So I'm not sure what she's seeing when she using that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes unforuntely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw where I could ask to be part of the beta test. I applied waiting for a reply to see if I was approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what you should see. Hopefully Teja can expedite your acceptance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your request should be approved now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, still wating approval.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me this is default Bridge behaviour. After every fresh install of Windows or OS X, this is how it is. I have to start tweaking the settings to get honest display of files, but also slower as a result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines