• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images in Bridge 2019 appear extremely noisy

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed with the most recent renditions of Adobe Bridge (I'm using CC 2019), my images appear extremely noisy - to the point that I cannot use Bridge as a means for review. It almost looks like they've been far too over-sharpened. To demonstrate, here is a screenshot of a full-screen preview in Bridge, followed by a screenshot of the same image in my Mac's built-in app Preview. Anyone know why?

Bridge:

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 11.26.03 AM.png

Preview:

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 11.26.19 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lizwadephoto,

That isn't a great user experience as images in Bridge 2019 are appearing grainy, we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Noise and sharpening can only be accurately evaluated at 100% view - where one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel.

Any other view will be inaccurate and misleading because the image has been scaled.

Different applications use different algorithms when scaling images, and the Photos app seems to apply a lot of sharpening.

If you compare the two at 100% view, they should display identically.

Some general advice about sharpening and noise reduction:

• Always work at 100% view
  • If the image has noise, use the Masking slider (Detail tab in Camera Raw) to protect flat areas from sharpening.
    Flat areas is where noise will be most visible, and you don't want to sharpen it.
  • Hold down the Alt key while dragging the slider to see the effect. White areas will be sharpened, black areas will be protected.
    Noisy images may require a high setting, like 70 - 90.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, but this isn't helpful. I could understand that an image could only be viewed with 100% accuracy if viewed at 100%, but, it is unreasonable for a photographer to be expected to cull through hundreds of images while zoomed in to 100%. Bridge should show a decent representation of the image with fit-to-screen. Prior versions of Bridge did this. Even my Mac's native image viewing app (Preview) does a much better job presenting images.

Is there a setting that needs to be turned on or off? Also, this isn't only an issue with noisy images. Here is an example of a photo shot at 100 ISO, with virtually no noise, yet it appears so grainy/overly sharpened in Bridge - but appears fine in Preview.

Bridge:

bridge.png

Preview:

preview.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having exactly the same issue and I can't find any other support online that offers a correct and suitable solution. I was just wondering if you managed to solve this issue? I am a photography student so this is making it very difficult for me to review my images. 

Thanks,

Josie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lizwadphoto, 

Your 2nd pair of images appear more pixelated (there are a number of folks complaining about this) while your 1st pair look dreadful. 

I know this won't seem helpful but I'm not seeing anything like this (and I'd be screaming to the moon if I did so I'm going to try and help you here if I can).

Lizwadphoto & Josie, what OS are you working with (and what version).

Also Lizwadphoto, you say that you're using the most recent version of Bridge as 2019, however the most recent version is 2020, so can you please recheck which version you are using (go to About Bridge to see this).

Josie, you too if you please.

Thanks for providing what you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working with macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 (i have yet to update as i don't have enough storage on my macbook at the minute).

I was originally using the Bridge version 10 where I was experiencing the issue, which i think is the 2020 version? Now i have just uninstalled it and reinstalled version 9.1 and the issue seems to have stopped.

This is obviously only a temporary fix as i assume i probably won't be able to continue using this once i have updated my mac and i don't want to continue using an outdated bridge forever anyway so any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Josie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! I tried working in 100% view, changing to use monitor size previews, and use software rendering, purging the cache each time. Every time they look super noisy in bridge but once I open them in Camera Raw they look fine. Makes culling very difficult. 

I have Bridge version 10.0.4.157 and my OS is Mojave 10.14.6. 

Always something wrong with Adobe. I'm tired of being their guinea pigs for finding bugs. When they fix the bugs with a new version, there's twice as many bugs with the updated versions. I would stick with an older, older version, but they design them to become obsolete and have their own issues. I wish there was an alternative to Adobe, I would immediately invest in something more stable so I can get some work done. 

Adobe, please stop adding features we don't need and just make the programs stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue. Started noticing that images had a weird grain when opening in Bridge and also Photoshop. After searching online for the solution (with no useful answer), I started to dig in all Bridge and Photoshop setting menus (file handling, color management, etc) and didn´t find anything that could relate to that. At first, I was wondering if that was that feature to "enhace sharpen" on export menu, but also didn´t see anything that worked. Than I had a "click" and went to Radeon Software on my Windows (the one managing the graphic card on my PC). Went to Settings (gear icon), Screen and disabled the Custom Color option. Closed all the apps, reopend and everything as looking fine again, withou that grain! On my case, the conclusion is that the AMD Radeon was forcing some settings (contrast, sharpen, etc) that was causing a mess when viewing files on Bridge, Camera Raw and Photoshop. 

Hope that this can be helpful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines