Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Import from device

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Bridge 2023 import from device is missing. It was very fast and always worked. on a iMac M1 the photo downloader is very sluggish and crashes often weather import from memory card or straight from camera. Is there any workaround this?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Import from Device is a Mac-only feature that uses the built-in Image Capture app. You can use that without Bridge.

https://support.apple.com/guide/image-capture/welcome/mac

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. The File>Import from Device is the only feature I used in Bridge and it's missing now. The Photo Downloader is a joke. It's slow, doesn't show the video thumbnails and organizes my photos in buckets that I don't want. Where is the import feature? It was WAY better. It worked fast and simply and I could see all my thumbnails. 

What was the point of removing it? Now I have to find an entirely new way of importing content from my phone. I really hate it when adobe does this kind of crap. They delete a feature and it screws up my whole workflow.  

Why are you forcing us to use the Photo Downloader? It's terrible. Let go of crap that doesn't work and give us featuers that are actually helpful. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import from Device is a Mac-only feature that uses the built-in Image Capture app. You can use that without Bridge.

https://support.apple.com/guide/image-capture/welcome/mac

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the adwise. Tried it and works fine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines