• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Bridge CC (latest version) cannot copy or move image from one folder to another

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the current version of Adobe Bridge, 9.0.2.219 X64, I cannot move or copy an image from one folder to another. 

I get the following message:

"Cannot move "A\B\C\D\E\M%20N%20O%20P%20%20.%208x10.jpg".  The item is no longer available." 

In this example I used ABCDE to represent the words of the file location name which the message actually contains and the MNOP represents the words of the name of the image itself which the message actually uses with the percentages.   On the message menu there is also graphic of a white X in a red circle.

It says "cannot move" or "cannot copy" depending on which function I chose.

I am working on a project where I have to copy well over 100 images, sort them and then create a slideshow with titles and not being able to copy images I want to another folder for sorting is making the job almost impossible.

If anyone know the answer this problem, please let me as soon as possible.  I appreciate the courtesy of your time and effort.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

ScottishHorseLady​

Try this:

1. Right-click the image(s) you are working on

2. From the menu options, select "Purge Cache for Selection"

3. When the operation completes, try moving/copying images again

This seems to fix the problem for me. I was receiving the same error message until I purged the cache.

==

Bug report for Adobe --

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select a photo or photos

2. Right click and select "Copy to", choose a target folder

Expected: Image(s) are copied to the folder

Actual: Error message i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag and drop, but not copy or move in 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Move to and Copy to contextual menu items are intermittently broken. Sometimes they work for me and sometimes silently fail, no idea why. The easiest way is to temporarily add your destination to Favorites and drag files to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScottishHorseLady​

Try this:

1. Right-click the image(s) you are working on

2. From the menu options, select "Purge Cache for Selection"

3. When the operation completes, try moving/copying images again

This seems to fix the problem for me. I was receiving the same error message until I purged the cache.

==

Bug report for Adobe --

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select a photo or photos

2. Right click and select "Copy to", choose a target folder

Expected: Image(s) are copied to the folder

Actual: Error message is displayed, indicating that "The item is no longer available."

Additional info: I wonder if this has something to do with creating a folder structure from within bridge (with bridge creating previews), followed by moving those same folders around outside of bridge using Finder or Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too, multiple images as same time can be purged.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you! had the same issue and worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may or may not be related when bridge acts the way you described look closely at the permisions of the files you are interacting with.  I have that sometimes I could not move files around, copy and paste, nor duplicate images when the read and write  premissions did not apply to everyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines