• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

in Bridge; Date file modified, gets changed for everything, like the number of stars

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get the "file modified date" to only change when I do actually modify the file. I don't care to know when I changed the number of stars, that is not a modification to the file! But it would be nice to know which version of a file is older or newer, as far as actual changes to the file. I do save 'a' or 'b' but not always and sometimes it's a tif instead of psd, and I go back and forth because some other programs just need a tif to work. Then I change the star count to help sort out what I want to keep or not and OPPS there goes all the dates modified. Oh joy. I'm not sure but I think if you only open a file, look at it but don't do anything, it will count as a moification.

Roland

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a modification when metadata changes. Backup programs use that information so you don't lose things like keywording and ratings etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so it's easier for back up programs ... it's still, pardon my french, 'stupid'. So instead of making a change to the file name when I actually change it, which I do,,,,     Actually at this moment I'm at a complete loss. You're saying anything I do: open, move, whatever will change the file date. I guess I'll have to enter the file date in the file name, to keep track of it. That sucks.

From you: It is a modification when metadata changes. Backup programs use that information so you don't lose things like keywording and ratings etc.

You see, That's when it should be up to you to change the file name, add an A or B on the end. It will get saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Modification date is when anything about the file changes. The operating system updates it sometimes too. Changing metadata makes it a different file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines