• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it normal that Bridge consumes more than 8 percent of the CPU capacity?

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having saved a tif or jpg from Photoshop and while navigating between folders in Bridge - Bridge can sound like a truck working uphill - for many minutes - as if the creation of proxy images is looping. Activiy in ACR and Photoshop doesn't provoke a likewise working level - as far as I can judge from the sound. During such noisy periods the task manager says 8.3 percent - very high.

I have no other heavy applications running while working in Adobe (not to my knowledge at least) - just Bridge, ACR and Photoshop. As soon as I return to Bridge from ACR or Photoshop, the buzy work begins.

The CPU is  AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s) and 32 GB memory installed.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you try enabling "Use Software Rendering" by going into Bridge's Preferences > Advanced menu and let us know if it lowers the CPU usage?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil and others,

I enabled "Use Software Rendering", but that apparently has no effect on this problem.

As I write this - Bridge has been climbing uphill for more than half an hour without "known" activity from me. For the same time I have been editing the same image in ACR - have opened it in Photoshop - an returned to ACR a couple of times while Bridge has been pointing at that same image.

See attached screen print form task manager - 8,5 percent og total 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Bridge and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I purged the cache. Could not reach the Reset Preferences dialog with Alt-Ctrl-Shift as described for this. Bridge ignore this key combination and starts as usual. The purge obviously didn't help either. For some reason Bridge is running buzy after an hour or so with normal editing in ACR and Photoshop.

Right now 8.7 percent of 9 CPU usage.

I can't figure out what initiates this constant high level. When I open a raw file in ACR the buzy run stops - until I return to Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eigil Skovgaard 

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear about the issue.

Could you please share the following with us:

1. Bridge & Photoshop version you are using.

2. System configuration

3. Thumbnail quality & Preview generation settings.

Please share the sample files on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com 

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anisha,

I always use the latest versions of Bridge and Photoshop.

Current Bridge version on my system is 11.1.1.185, and Photoshop 23.0.0.

Attached is DxDiag.txt for your request #2.

Could you specify exactly from where I get the information for #3. Thumbnails in Preferences doesn't tell much about settings. 

Actually I am not sure if the problem still exists or I have entered a dayly routine where it just isn't provoked. Lately I haven't noticed the same situations of buzy run as earlier. That could be because I have ended a major task with working through all raw and tif images for a number of years - new proxies and thumbs had to be created all the time, probably an unusually demanding process (?)

Best,

Eigil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines