• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any easier way to tag assets in Bridge than in the Metadata > IPTC Core > Keywords field?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to tag my assets with custom strings, but navigating to Metadata > IPTC Core > Keywords field every time to add a new field or to delete the many existing fields of bought assets is a bit of a hassle.

I can't see the "new keyword" menu that in mentioned in this tutorial:

How to use keywords in Adobe Bridge

Is there any simple tagging functionality that wouldn't force me to delete all keywords of the bought assets, and would make it easier to add my custom tags to the assets?

I want to use tagging to skip creating folders.

TOPICS
How to , Keywords , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

It's the Keywords right click menu. Looks like you do not have that panel enabled. Go to the Window menu and check Keywords. I think it will appear as a tab beside the Metadata panel tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the new Bridge Beta.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which workspace do you normally use? If you use the default Essentials workspace, the metdata panel (including the keywords panel) should be shown on the right side. You can edit IPTC Core keywords here without any additional navigation. If you using another workspace or a custom workspace, you can insert the metadata panel to a convenient location.

Br_metadata_panel_001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a custom workspace.

I already stripped down the metadata at the settings so that it only shows the keywords field.

But I still have to delete existing keywords that come with bought or downloaded assets.

Therefore a tagging feature would be nice so that you start from zero, no need to delete existing keywords that the assets are coming with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably not the solution you are looking for, but you could delete the keywords in all the bought or downloaded assets at once uing the Keyword menu option Remove Keywords. You will also find the New Keyword option there.

Br_keyword_panel_001.jpg

Br_keyword_panel_002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your screenshot the Filter or Metadata right click menu?

I don't have the "New Keyword" and the "Remove Keywords"  options.

2022-10-11_23-32.png2022-10-11_23-33_1.png2022-10-11_23-33.png2022-10-11_23-32_1.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the Keywords right click menu. Looks like you do not have that panel enabled. Go to the Window menu and check Keywords. I think it will appear as a tab beside the Metadata panel tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 

Now it's set up:

2022-10-12_01-47.png

Didn't realize that you need both the Keywords module and the Keywords tab in the Filter module to effectively work with the keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome. Looks like you are also making great use of the multiple content panel options. That's something I'm still experimenting with and I really like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Chris P. Bacon if this worked for you, please mark my answer as correct.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines