• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with accessing memory card

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this is easy to fix or something Adobe can help me with, but doesn't hurt to ask. I've recently started using Bridge (2020 version) again after not using for a few months. I had inserted my memory card to the slot in the 2015 Macbook Pro and when I opened Bridge a popup window appeared asking to approve access to removable disk or media (I can't remember the wording exactly). When I tried to access my photos on the memory card, nothing came up. I tried looking in the system preferences but wasn't sure where to look to change the access. I then tried to uninstall the software without saving the preferences to see if that made a difference. I'm wondering if there is a setting or system preference somewhere that I can change.

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

OK, couple of questions: Did you upgrade your computer to Catalina? If so, there are permission problems galore with Catalina and have caused grief to many many people (and Adobe because of the many many people).

Next question: are these raw or jpg images? If they are raw, did you buy a very very new camera recently. If it's very very new, than it's possible that Adobe hasn't released the code to understant how to read those raw images. (If JPG, ignore the previous statment, it's irrelavant).

Next suggestion: I suggest you move the images TO your computer, hard drive, or wherever you store your images AND THEN look at them in Bridge. Call me old fashioned but that workflow is generaly considered to be the most efficient. BTW, you can either open the card in the finder and drag the images to a folder where you want them to be or you can use the Photo Downloader (the icon just to the right of the boomerang). In all fairness, some people hate the Photo downloader, some people have had problems with the Photo Downloader, but I've never had issues with the Photo Downloader and I've been using since Bridge version 1. 

One last comment/suggestion: never ever delete the photos from a card until you have successfully got them onto your computer and/or hard drive and if you work process is like mine, until they have been saved in at least two placed. Then you can format the card IN your camera. Some people try to do this on their computer but the big issue with that is that the formatting that a computer does is often different than the formatting that your camera does. I'm a Mac user (like you) and if someone formats a flash drive on a Mac and then gives it to a PC user, they cannot access the data on that card. 

Hmmm, I wrote too much as usual, I hope this is usefull information though and hopefully some of it helps you.

Let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Yes I did update it to Catalina. I did hear something about a lot of people having issues with the update, but didn't think this would be one of them.

Yes I've been using Raw for awhile. My camera is a couple of years old though. I didn't have any issues with Bridge reading my Raw files since I got my camera. But didn't realise that could have been the issue.

Thanks for your suggests. I usually delete them after I have saved into the appropriate folder. Plus I didn't want to do anything with the images until I found a solution to this.

Many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jesica,

ok, thanks for the info. Two things:

check the permissions of the card and make sure you have access via Catalina. 

Also, have you tried to move the files onto your hard drive via the Finder yet?

let me know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines