• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Ratings in Bridge/ Advanced Find

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use advanced find feature in Bridge, specifically for images that have a rating greater than a certain value (in my case, 1), I am not able to specify this. See the screen snippet attached. The Find menu has a value of "Reject" - and this cannot be changed. This seems really weird to me. 

First of all, what does "reject" mean?

Second, I am assuming that when I rate an image in LightroomClassic as a "2" or "5," etc, it would reflect as such in Bridge. Is this assumption incorrect?

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Hi there,

I said what I said because you asked "First of all, what does "reject" mean?" I know you did not want to reject because you said that you wanted images with a Rating greater than "1."

If you cannot change the dropdown menus, that's a special bug/issue that affected PCs some time ago but was supposed to have been fixed a number of months ago. What release of Bridge are you using? When this bug was present, users could manipulate dropdown menus with their arrow keys, but I do not kno

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Abracadabra,

You can Reject an image here:

2022-07-11_10-12-09.png

This is used when quickly going through your images; you select images you do not want, and then at the end of reviewing the images, select just the rejected images and delete them all at once.

Otherwise, you can use as many or as few operators as you want when doing an advance search. Each of the Criteria operators can be removed by tapping the "-," or you can add more by tapping the "+" icon.

So, to get what you want, remove all of the Criteria options you have in your list except the Rating operator, and in the middle section, mouse-down on the dropdown menu to select the value of that operator. Then in the third button, select what Rating you wish to use. Rejected is on the bottom, simply side the mouse up and select the Rating you wish to use.

2022-07-11_10-15-53.png

I hope all this help; let us know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thank you for your thoughtful reply. It doesn't, however, address the issue I am experiencing.

I do not want to "Reject" an image. I posted this as a problem because "reject" was the only option available. My wish is to select a particular rating, but the dropdown doesn't work, so I'm not able to select "one star" etc. In your screenshot, the different options present themselves, in my screenshot, it only shows "reject" and does not allow any other selection when clicking on it. Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I said what I said because you asked "First of all, what does "reject" mean?" I know you did not want to reject because you said that you wanted images with a Rating greater than "1."

If you cannot change the dropdown menus, that's a special bug/issue that affected PCs some time ago but was supposed to have been fixed a number of months ago. What release of Bridge are you using? When this bug was present, users could manipulate dropdown menus with their arrow keys, but I do not know what they did with adding or removing criteria from these windows. Sorry.

Have you upgraded lately?

And just to verify, are you on a PC or a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fixed Bridge bug on Windows that sometimes affects dropdown menus. Try updating Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @gary_sc and @Lumigraphics - thank you for your responses! I am on a PC and have upgraded Bridge prior to the post. The bug persists, though your comments on using the up/down arrows were a practical workaround...thank you for that! Best to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines