• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEG + RAW Sorting, section match

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I shoot in JPG + RAW then I sort my photos on Bridge.
I sort JPGs because it's quicker to scroll and rate.
I would like to be able to apply the same sorting to my Raw automatically.
In situ: I finish sorting my JPGs, I move them into a folder. I still have the Raw to sort. I want to apply a selection match (by filename or whatever) that would save me from re-sorting the raws behind.
Thank you very much, have a good evening.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

That ability is not native to Bridge and therefore, not possible within Bridge. There may be some scripting that could do it but scripting is not in my job description. :>)

With current updates to ACR, the thumbnail generation is very quick, even on M1 machines. Especially if you have the current recommended settings for Preview generation:

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 1.08.30 PM.png

Otherwise, I'd suggest you sort by name. You do not need to have a thumbnail generated to give it ratings and lables.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you considered stacking the RAW and jpeg files to make them easier to keep track of? Otherwise you'd need to write a script that would read each jpeg and then find the corresponding RAW file and apply that rating.

I have a sample stack RAW+JPEG script on my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines