• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jpg Images saving as psd not jpg

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to the newest Bridge version, my jpegs are no longer saving as jpegs. I saw another similar post, but I'm not cropping the images. I'm just adjusting the exposure and color. Then when I select "Save," Bridge defaults to psd! I have to remember to Save a Copy, and then I can get my jpeg back. This is terrible! Especially when I'm working under deadline and forget to do the Save a Copy! My clients definitely want jpegs and not psds. Please advise.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

When you open that JPG up in ACR and then into PS, can you look at the tab for that image in PS and see if it shows a 16 or 8 bit image?

If it shows 16 as in my screenshot below, that's the issue because a JPG cannot be a 16 bit image. What you need to do to fix this is to go back to Bridge, and go to where your preferences are located (on the Mac it's under the Bridge name in the menu area, on the PC it's under the (I think) Edit menu.) and look for Camera Raw Preferences.

2022-10-28_13-05-39.png

Go to workflow a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @cindys58554739 can you verify that when you initially try to save the jpg that you have not added any layers to the image? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary, I'm not adding any layers that I'm aware of. This is my basic workflow:  I open a jpeg in raw using command R. I usually start out using the Auto settings and adjust from there. I sometimes add sharpness and reduce the noise, and then I launch into Photoshop for final adjustments and save the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open that JPG up in ACR and then into PS, can you look at the tab for that image in PS and see if it shows a 16 or 8 bit image?

If it shows 16 as in my screenshot below, that's the issue because a JPG cannot be a 16 bit image. What you need to do to fix this is to go back to Bridge, and go to where your preferences are located (on the Mac it's under the Bridge name in the menu area, on the PC it's under the (I think) Edit menu.) and look for Camera Raw Preferences.

2022-10-28_13-05-39.png

Go to workflow and switch from 16 to 8 bit. as shown in the Screen shot below.

2022-10-28_13-08-34.png

Let us know if this solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the changes you suggested, closed Bridge, restarted my laptop, opened the jpeg as a raw file in Bridge again and... it worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! If you would be so kind to mark my answer above (the one about changing the 16 bit to 8 bit) as the Correct Answer, this will help others having the same issue.

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. Thank you for asking this question. THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED to me!!  I was getting so frustrated so I am grateful that you asked and SO SO grateful to gary_sc for answering.  Fixed it right up.  YAY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm so glad we could help you out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines