• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Key Words Not Embedded with Photos

Participant ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Bridge to assign keywords of family members to more than 500 digitized photographs.  I gave each daughter a USB of these photos which they view on a digital frame.  My goal in assigning keywords per photo was to enable my family (and future generations) to learn the identity of past generations, great grandparents and such....

While I can see the embedded keywords when I open a photo in Windows/Pictures, neither of my daughters can see those tags when they tried to open a file on their computers.  

Feels like I did a lot of work for no return. Other than creating an Excel with each file name and columns of individual's name per image (a time-consuming project), I don't know how to embed keywords so that they are viewable by other users on another computer.

I looked up exporting keywords, but that's just the list of keywords, it is not cvs format to import into excel.

I appreciate any help with this.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Keywords , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just use keywords, or did you also put names and descriptions in the description field? Reason I'm asking is that I did the same thing, but put a description with everyone's name in the description field. I then wrote a script to export all that info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used key words. I've been doing more sleuthing.

1. I cannot figure out a way to export files from Bridge. Clicked on everything in sight.

2. However, from Photoshop Elements, Organizer. was able to import from Bridge.  I was prompted if I wanted to import keywords as well. Heck, yes!

3. I then "shared" a photo from Elements as an attachment, and finally, my daughter could see  3 keywords with the image.

4. Next, I have to figure out if I can export photos from Elements to a USB drive with all the keywords included.

Adobe is powerful, but alas, not particularly user friendly or intuitive for folks like me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no such thing as Export from Bridge other than the new feature to create new files. If you update existing files, you are done.

How are you viewing these files after adding keywords?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines