Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords are Gone

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been painstakingly assigning keywords to several hundred images the last month in Adobe Bridge 2020 on my Mac (Catalina). Today, when I opened the file to work on more images all the keywords are gone from the panel. Yikes! What do I do?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

TOPICS
Keywords , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

You have to add them as persistent keywords to Bridge. Try selecting all youtr files then making the keywords you want persistent.
https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/keywords-adobe-bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Thanks! That works. Just have to go back to all my files now and mark them as persistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add keywords to individual files or to the list maintained in Bridge? They are not the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added new keywords underneath the list maintained in Bridge. The keywords are still on the files themselves, but the long list is not there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to add them as persistent keywords to Bridge. Try selecting all youtr files then making the keywords you want persistent.
https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/keywords-adobe-bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That works. Just have to go back to all my files now and mark them as persistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After this happened to me a couple of times, I finally realized I could export the persistent keywords as a list to a text file. Then the next time the keywords mysteriously disappeared from Bridge, I could import them and not spend hours redoing the list. Export is found in the "hamburger" icon (the 3 lines on top of each other), just to the right of the Keyword tab in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines