Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords not working

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I've started using Adobe Bridge a few days ago.

I´m trying to add to my pictures some Keywords, for me that's the main reason for using it!

Unfortunately there is always a pop-up saying there is a problem for writing in/on the metadata.

Only PSD is working....The pictures I'm working with have RAF, PSD and JPEG format.

Does anyone has a solution for that?

Thanks in advantage!

Max

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

No, I don’t understand – I prefer integrity of data over convenience. :]

Bridge and Photoshop work best when “paired” with matching versions, so the first thing that I would try is rolling back to an earlier version of ACR as at least one of the links details.

If that does not fix the issue, then using an earlier version of Bridge would be my next suggestion for keywording, labels, ratings and other metadata operations (keeping the newer version of Bridge so that you have a version that plays nice

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if your files are locked. Can you check the permissions?

I deliberately made a JPEG a read only file and then tried to add a keyword in Bridge. This is the error message that I got.

read-only.png

On Mac:

Right mouse click and choose Get Info.

On Windows:

Right mouse click and choose Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image info says it isn't locked or anything.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-07 um 12.42.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the files on a local drive or on a networked server/NAS etc?

Is this the free version of Bridge without Photoshop/ACR or do you also have Photoshop/ACR? If the later, then depending on your version, you may need to install an earlier version of ACR if this is similar to the rating and label metadata issue described below:

Bridge 9.0.2: Suddenly won't allow star rating | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Cannot open raw files from a network drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the images are saved on a Synology NAS.

I use the latest Bridge CC Version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there you go then, read the links at my previous post and or copy to your local drive, add metadata there and then copy back to the NAS:

Troubleshoot issues with networks, removable media in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!!

Shall I downgrade the Bridge or Photoshop app? Didn't get it by reading the link...

Copying the files back and forth is not solution, as you might understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don’t understand – I prefer integrity of data over convenience. :]

Bridge and Photoshop work best when “paired” with matching versions, so the first thing that I would try is rolling back to an earlier version of ACR as at least one of the links details.

If that does not fix the issue, then using an earlier version of Bridge would be my next suggestion for keywording, labels, ratings and other metadata operations (keeping the newer version of Bridge so that you have a version that plays nice with Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

solved!! Thanks mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines