• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords WITH image export

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to find the information / the possiblity to have an export or found the file on my computer (XML/CSV) that links the images in Bridge that have been tagged with keywords, and what are these keywords.

For example : 

blabla.jpg;keywords 1;keywords2

hello.jph;keywords 3

etc...

thank you

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Keywords

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

There isn't one. However, you can use my Folder List Export script to generate a tab-delimited list of files and metadata.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't one. However, you can use my Folder List Export script to generate a tab-delimited list of files and metadata.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds really interesting, I will investigate and let you know. thanks a lot for answering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keywords are stored in the file and displayed in Bridge dynamically on the view/selected file.

It is possible to export/import keywords with ExifTool or a custom script:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2016/08/extracting-metadata-to-csv.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested also ExifTool however I only see "subkeywords" (from a Bridge perspective), not the parent one. Or am I missing something? thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the ExifTool code used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exiftool -r -filename -keywords -csv -CSVDelim ";" "C:\xPictures\PHOTOLIBRARY" > "C:\test.csv"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legacy IPTC -keywords tag is depreciated, I'd suggest that you try the XMP DC:Subject tag -subject instead.

This may or may not resove the issue, depending how the keyword metadata was written.

P.S. Screenshots or sample files are always useful/helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keywords are sometimes written by cameras into the IPTC tag. And be aware that there are three current namespaces that store keywords:

Microsoft, dc, and lr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it and it looks really good thank you !

However it seems the tool will not go into subfolders, which means that the task can be quite long if I have to export all keywords from all subfolders of my photolibrary. Do you see an alternative or an improvement to the script to do so?

thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to modify a script to recursively search folders. This could take FOREVER so its not going to be a default option for a script writer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps by using the Bridge feature to show content from sub folders and to hide folders and using filters or smart collection the files can be isolated and selected as a single group, in effect manually making a recursive view and selection that a standard script can work on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really easy to drill into all subfolders with ExifTool by adding the following argument:

-r

or

-recurse

However, you may need to add further parameters to isolate specific file types and to ignore specific named directories under the top-level directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines