Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Bridge update Tools Bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to use photomerge, under the tools/photoshop menu option. After trying this out on a number of images, it is repeatedly bringing up the same dialogue stating I need to update my photoshop. I am using windows 10, and updated both Bridge and Photoshop to the latest releases. My Bridge build version is 11.1.1.185 and the photoshop version is 23.0.0. 

Is anyone else getting this bug? I would greatly appreciate a link to a bug report forum if this is the wrong place to post this.

Cheers

Stu

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please let us know the operating system you're working with?

Could you please go to Help > System Info menu of Photoshop and copy the first 10 lines of the text, then paste it here? It would be helpful for us to review that information.

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

thank you for getting back to me so quickly, it is greatly appreciated. Please find below the information you requested.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.0.0 20211013.r.36 623993d x64
Number of Launches: 86
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.19043.1288
System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:1, Stepping:0 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 16
Logical processor count: 32
Processor speed: 3394 MHz
Built-in memory: 32683 MB

I will now do a photoshop preference reset and let you know the result.

Cheers

Stu:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

No joy on the photoshop preference reset I'm afraid, the dialogue attatched is still executing.

Cheers

Stu:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. Both Photoshop & Bridge versions should be compatible in order to use the tools options from Bridge. Bridge and Photoshop versions work in sync, hence Bridge 2021 will only work with Photoshop 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries and thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realise that when updating bridge it would become out of sync with photoshop. If you are aware, when will bridge be updated to 2022? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's out now! Please try updating Bridge and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sahil.Chawla 

BRIDGE-14073: if you open ACR via Bridge it will open the file in PS 2021. If it's set to open in PS, it will open in 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Sahil, I see what has happened. I have updated to both (as per software release No). However when updating both bridge and photoshop to get the amazing masking updates in lightroom and ACR, Nice one guys!:), my photoshop taskbar shortcut icon updated to 2022, but the bridge update did not, so I was loading Bridge 2021. I wrongly assumed that the updates would overwrite all the previous files, rather than creating the newer 2022 version. This has now solved my photoshop tools loading, and sync problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines