• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legend for symbols in in thumbnail filmstrip of Bridge

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Bridge to view images edited in Lightroom, often there are symbols on the top edge in filmstrip. Is there a legend for them?

Many thanks...

\rtc

TOPICS
Batch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Hi rtcary,

The one that looks like cropping lets you know that the image has been cropped. The one that looks like horizontal lines with small circles on them means that the image has been edited.

HOWEVER: if you do any editing in PS or ACR on an image that is in Lightroom's Catalog (such as what you are looking at), you will "confuse" Lightroom's Catalog and when you open that image up in Lightroom, you will get a message saying that (and I'm paraphrasing here becuase I do not remember the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rtcary,

The one that looks like cropping lets you know that the image has been cropped. The one that looks like horizontal lines with small circles on them means that the image has been edited.

HOWEVER: if you do any editing in PS or ACR on an image that is in Lightroom's Catalog (such as what you are looking at), you will "confuse" Lightroom's Catalog and when you open that image up in Lightroom, you will get a message saying that (and I'm paraphrasing here becuase I do not remember the exact words): "This image has been altereed outside of Lightroom. Do you want to return to Lightroom's adjustment or use the current adjustments."

It's probably a good idea to return to Lightroom's adjustments but it's a better idea to not do any adjustments outside of Lightroom.

The reason is that Lightroom has a record of every image you've altered, step-by-step. If you accept the changes you did outside of lightroom, you'll lose all of that history.

If you see an image in Bridge that you want to do some more enhancements, it's much better to go back to Lightroom and make the adjustments. This is NOT to say you can't, just shouldn't.

HTH, 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for the detailed explanation.

\rtc

--
R. Todd Cary
Bend, Oregon

“Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow. The important
thing is not to stop questioning." —Albert Einstein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines