• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profile info not automatic

Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago I switched my Canon camera system from the 5D Mark IV to the R5 body and all RF lenses. I’ve processed many RAW images in Bridge and all of my Canon RF lenses have always been in the Optics > Profile.

As of today, when I now go to Optics > Profile > Use profile corrections > Setup (Default) > Lens Profile > Make (None) > Unable to locate a matching lens profile automatically, my RF 70-200 is never contained in this info (but my other Canon lenses are) which means I have to do this manually. Would anyone know why? Thanks for any info.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to reinstall all my data in my repaired MBPro manually (because TimeMachine refused to recognise me as the owner of my own Backup!).

During this exercise I found that all my own ACR settings (I do have a lot of them!) needed to be in a folder called User Settings inside of my:

Users Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings folder.

Try putting your new Lens Profiles there; mark them as Favorites; and see if it helps.

It could also be that your Lens Profiles are so new that they will need a new ACR Update  before they are available to you in ACR.

This is all just a thought but I hope that it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann and thanks for this info. I'm not sure I understand the process you suggest but I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm blur but I couldn't find any of the settings you mentioned anywhere on my PC. Two days ago there was an update which mentioned "New camera models added", and I was hoping to see Canon RF 70-200 when I opened a RAW file in Bridge, but it wasn't there, I still had to manually enter Canon in the drop-down menu under Optics > Use profile corrections. Thx -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JB Sling 

Please confirm the ACR version you are using.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

ACR v13.4 

Bridge v11.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @JB Sling 

Can you please share a sample raw file, we will check the issue and update you with the findings.

- Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this. Here's a RAW file. About 4 months ago I bought a new Canon R5 body with 3 lenses: the RF15-35; RF24-105; and RF70-200. I have no problem with RAW files shot with the RF15-35 & RF24-105 lenses; the lens profiles are there. It's only the RF70-200 that its missing and has to be done manually. The attached RAW file was shot with this RF70-200 lens. Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to have to admit it but I am almost entirely illiterate in Windows.

However, I think that you would find it helpful if you can find the Folder/Directory that I mentioned

(Users Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings folder)

if you intend to create your own Presets and Profiles for Camera Raw.

Run a Search on the whereabouts of "Application Support" on a Windows machine; then look for the Camera Raw directory inside of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, thanks for your follow-up. I can't seem to find what you suggest, but thanks for the suggestions. Adobe contacted me and they're looking into this issue so so hopefully it will be resolved. Take care, and thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Swati, just wondering if there's any progress resolving this issue ?  Thx & Best -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Swati, just wondering if there's any progress resolving this issue ? Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely helpful but it seems only the RF 70-200mm F2.8 (and not the F4) is currently supported. In the interim a custom profile might suffice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this, it is helpful. I've followed up so let's see if anything changes. Thanks again -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines