• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking folders to libraries in Bridge

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to link a folder of images (on my Mac) to a Library in Bridge so that if I add an image to the folder it automatically shows up in the library?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Bridge]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DocMatter58,

Are you referring to linking collections in Bridge with Finder on your Mac?

Bridge is a file browser and you can access all the files directly in Bridge once they are added to any folder on your computer. See How to view & manage files in Adobe Bridge

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you describe is a “Smart Collection”, however the method is to use one or more search criteria within a top level folder.

I.E. Filename contains .

As in .jpg or .tif or .pdf etc.

Or perhaps Date Created is Greater Than 01/01/1900 etc.

Both of these examples are broad, however you can get very specific too and have a narrow match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, create a Smart Collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I created a Smart Collection of the folder I wanted and it seems to be just what I wanted in Bridge.  But, now can I access that Smart Collection easily in, say, Photoshop as a Library?  Or is there some other way to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge is the intended place to access the Smart Collection, then use the selected files in Bridge to open, perform a batch action, use as the source for Image Processor via Tools>Photoshop or use Image Processor Pro in Photoshop and use the option to work on the files selected in Bridge etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines