• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

login to bridge

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went to use Bridge today and was confronted with a login screen. I have never seen this login screen in the 5-6 years of using Bridge. I found my login details and then entered them. The login screen went away and a second later bridge shut down as well.

I went on line to find a solution and the simplest was to login to another Adobe app such as Lightroom or Photoshop. I tried Lightroom Classic and entered my details in the login screen and everything worked ok. I shut down Lightroom Classic without signing out and tried Bridge again. The login screen appeared again and I entered my details exactly as I had done in Lightroom, and the login screen disapeared and again so did Bridge.

I tried loging into Photoshop which worked but after exiting Photoshop I tried Bridge again but the same problem occured again.

I did find that if I leave either Lightroom or Photoshop running then I can open bridge without having to login.

All the programs work so it is not a major problem at the moment. However I do not want to have to run Lightroom or Photoshop just to be able to use Bridge which is the program I always use first to choose the photos that I wish to process in Lightroom.

After choosing my photos I shut the computer down and returned a couple of hours later  and wanted to look at some new photos. I started up Bridge and the login screen was displayed again. Rather than try to enter my login details and have Bridge shutdown, I started up Lightroom while Bridge was still running, and there was no login screen displayed for Lightroom.

I looked at the Bridge screen and the login screen had gone, so I shut down Lightroom, and Bridge worked. I will try tomorrow and see if Bridge will start without a login screen.

Is this login thing a new feature to use Adobe products as I have never had to login in the 5 + years I have been subscribed to these products. If having to login when I want to use these programs is going to be a permanant thing I may have to consider going to a comparable and standalone editing program, as I only ever use to basic features of Lightroom and have not had any need for Photoshop at all.

Regards 

John Murphy

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I'm guessing here but I think that the "handshake" between it and Adobe, when Bridge starts, is broken. 

The next time you go to start Bridge, please try rebuilding its preferences:

To reset Preferences:

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application, for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt -Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Let us know what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gary_sc,

I tried Bridge this morning and it is now working without having to sign in
to anything so everything is good now.

I will keep a copy of your suggestion in case Bridge starts to play up
again.

Thanks for your help. I am considering dumping Adobe as I don't use
Photoshop and there are other programs that will do the job of Lightroom
that are just as good and are cheaper than the Adobe subscription, and I
won't have to sign in when I want to use it and I will not need an internet
connection.
I live in Australia and a lot of places that I go to when taking
photographs do not have internet access or mobile phone coverage, so I can
edit photos at the end of each day rather than having hundreds to do when I
get back home.

Cheers, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John... Durin gmy first ever visit here yesterday , I learned a few thigns.... I had no idea of... I use PS for pleasure only beign a digital Scrapbooker, thus  I have neve rpadi much attention to anything as long as my program worked... Bridge came with my version already a part of it... But a few days ago, it started giving me out of memory issues , when there was plenty of memory on the ocmputer... figured it had to be within Bridge, and ended up totally resetting it , which did not help and made everything even worse, as it would not load at all and when it did, it crashed immediately!!! Futher checking brought up the information that at the end of Jan, there was an update to Bridge, and it is now a stand alone porduct... I do have CC also and it no longer showed on CC either... So I downloaded the new version and all is good.. recognized by both PSC5 and CC. There was mention along the way of having to sign in unless you were using it as a part of PS or one of the other programs... Which I assume is what you were experienceing... Anyway, I have NO idea why we weren't notified, .... Wasted a whole day trouble shooting... Hope this helps... Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... I am in here searching for something totally differnt , but read your question... A bit further I ran across a discussion that I think might answer your question... goign to past the URL and hope it takes you ther ean dhelps... good luck. Liz

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/is-adobe-bridge-still-free-to-download/td-p/935491...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines