• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing my metadata during captioning & keywording

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge has been driving me crazy the last few days, I use it to add caption and keyword metadata to final hi res TIFF files.

Just now I had 17 files selected, created a new subkeyword, ticked it, and that wiped away all of the existing caption and keyword data I had already spent ages applying!

Yesterday similar problems - trying to to assign a set of keywords to a load of images, and the losing the Description, Creator, Sublocation, City, Country, Copyright IPTC Core data I had already spent hours filling in.

Anyone else seen this? I'm thinking it is possibly linked to how big the files are (Nikon D850 so each TIFF is around 70mb, Bridge used to be very reliable for this task but I'm going to have to look at using a different software app next time if it carries on.

PS - It is also wiping all of the camera EXIF data so I no longer see f/ stop, shutter, iso etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select one of the problem files and use File > File Info then the Raw Data tab to check if the metadata still actually exists in the file. If it does, then this is just cache related affecting the display in Bridge’s GUI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi benp46576246,

Can you please share some sample files with abseth@adobe.com for which you are facing this issue.

Also please let us know the Bridge version you are using.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I replaced the problem files with original ones and re-did the work, I was using the latest 2019 Bridge, but went back to the earlier 2018 version which seems more stable and doesn’t have the same problems.

Cheers

Ben

www.benpipe.com <http://www.benpipe.com/>

+44 7743 639 702

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines