Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost links to images in Collections

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I am attempting to find images in Collections and Bridge has lost the links. (versions 7 and 9)  Nothing changed in the path between Bridge and the drive on which these images are located, so I don't know understand why the links were lost to begin with.

I'm wondering if there is away to reconstuct the links without recreating the collecions.

If anyone can suggest a more efficient way to regain the links I'd love to hear it.

If anyone knows why the problem occurred to begin with I'd love to hear that too.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jack,

Just to clarify, the links between Collections are nothing more than shortcuts/aliases between the actual file and the construct of the Collections. If your Catalog can't find the original file, than the Collection will show the same thing. Does your original image show that it is missing? If so, if you help LR-C locate the file, than your Collection should be fine as well.

So first verify that the original image is still where LR-C thinks it is. If you have an exclamation point in your thumbnail, than yes, LR-C lost it's location. Reset the location for the file following these guideless and you should be fine.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines