• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

making panels in adobe bridge v14.0.3.200

Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressed a button in bridge and panels are messed up. adobe bridge help/instruction page lacks step-by-step instructions how to make a new panel. In both Essentials and filmstrip view would like to have two stacked panels on the left side of the computer monitor screen. Top left panel with Favorite Folders. Bottom left panel with Filters. Would like to choose which items to display in Filters. Have clicked on Window>Filter and nothing happens. Have clicked on Window>double click Filter and nothing happens. Have clicked on Window>highlight & try to drag Filter and nothing happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Hi, @pixelfor,

I'm not fully sure exactly what happened (as you are), but here is a short tutorial for working with Workspaces.

This may sound tedious, but it is one of those situations where re-creating them will be faster, more efficient, and have fewer side issues than trying to convert the old ones to the new ones. 

There are several things to be aware of regarding the new workspace dynamic. First, Bridge has ONE feature that all other Adobe applications should emulate: you can update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have a hard enoough time finding this support page let alone knowing what is the perfect, correct page. User friendly, in my opinion, would be to see a community support option or all support options when I sign in to my Adober account. That could be at the bottom of the first page that opens or on a drop down when I click on my symbol in the top right. Complication and Adobe are synonymous. Just like trying to do what should be simple task like arranging panels in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @pixelfor,

I'm not fully sure exactly what happened (as you are), but here is a short tutorial for working with Workspaces.

This may sound tedious, but it is one of those situations where re-creating them will be faster, more efficient, and have fewer side issues than trying to convert the old ones to the new ones. 

There are several things to be aware of regarding the new workspace dynamic. First, Bridge has ONE feature that all other Adobe applications should emulate: you can update an already-made Workspace. This is worth the price of the extra work to re-create

gary_sc_0-1713120337395.png

Next, it is now much easier to control what you see and do not see. On the far right side are a pair of chevrons. If you mouse down on those, you can see all of the Workspaces and an "Edit" option. Click on that.

gary_sc_1-1713120337395.png

This brings up this window. 

gary_sc_2-1713120337395.png

Everything above where it says "OverflowMenu" will show if Bridge's window is pulled out far enough. Otherwise, they will show by mousing down on the chevrons. But also note the "Do Not Show:" option. If you have any Workspaces that are built into Bridge but you'd never use them, you can dump them into that cubby hole.

Enjoy using the new Workspace features. If you have any other questions, please ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Hard to explain this but I can't get the boxes to move tio place a smaller box beside a larger box. I'll call Adobe and see what they can do. Last time this happened I called Adobe and even the Adobe technician who did a remote session and took control of my computer had a very hard time with this. Trying to have a computer monitor screen with more than one panel is not an easy task. I am aware of the items you point out. Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @pixelfor, if you can be a bit more detailed about the problem you are having, I might be able to create a video that goes into more detail.

Can you please elaborate on which specific Panels you are working with? Maybe a screenshot detailing the issue?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines