• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata not showing for RAW files

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm shooting with a Nikon D5500 and whenever I transfer my pictures over to Adobe - it does not show the metadata at all. How do I get Adobe to show me the shutter speed, ISO, aperture, etc? 

TOPICS
Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grace

What is your OS (and what release)?

What version of Bridge are you using (and what release)?

Do any other photos' metadata show up? What kind?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gary! 

I'm using a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina version 10.15.6 - and I have Adobe Bridge 2020. 

Other types of photos (JPEG) do not show the metadata either. 

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grace,

Have you adjusted Bridge's Permission issues within System Preferences yet? If not, here's how:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

2020-08-03_10-47-46.png

2020-08-03_10-47-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary, 

Hmmm, I was able to adjust those permission issues and then restart my laptop but still no metadata. I also fixed the Adobe preferences to all be checked - do you have any more suggestions? 

Thanks for your help, 

Grace 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Similar problems here. Besides all my own efforts, the friendly Adobe staff did their best three or four times by operating my Mac remotely. They controlled all the necessary settings, but nothing they adjusted solved the problem.

As a former IT guy, I keep all programs and operating systems on the latest recommended versions.

What happened before:

After Camera Raw version 5.7 and Process Vers. 5.0, the RAW file name is no longer visible in the right metadata column of Bridge - with (strangely enough) very rare exceptions in CR versions 8, 10 and 12.

After 12, even these rare exceptions were no longer displayed.

Cameras: Nikon D3, D3X, D850, Dji and iPhones (dng files).

To be honest, after 4 hours of Adobe remote work on my Mac, I see little reason to try this again.

My advice to compare the software part of the older versions that worked with the software lines of the latest versions to find the error resulted in my case being closed with kind words and I was given the link to this thread.

With all due respect, this is not what I expect from a company like Adobe.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines