• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move command no longer moves files

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Bridge CC 2019, the "move" command no longer moves files, it simply copies files.  In previous versions, I would right click on a folder, select "Move To...", then select "Choose Folder".  This would properly move files from one location to the other (source files in original location would be deleted).  Now, that same command just copies the files, leaving the original files in place.

According to this page

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/view-files-bridge.html

if moving files from one drive to another drive, it will copy instead of move.  In previous versions of Bridge it did however actually move.  That same page mentions shift-dragging (Windows) or command-dragging (Mac) to initiate the move command between different drives.  But what about right-clicking?  Is that simply no longer possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Dear users,

Please reset your Bridge preferences if you are facing any issues with file operations.

Right click Move or drag and drop should work fine in Bridge CC 2019.

In case you still face issues, please let me know.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You try "drag and drop"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move and Copy are broken. Try drag and drop instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, DRAG AND DROP DOES NOT WORK not the new bridge. Can somebody at Adobe fix this problem/ I tried getting in touch directly but 9 hours later, still nobody got back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your preferences

It does work

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, this is a user-to-user forum. Adobe does monitor this but they are generally not going to just get back to you about a post.

How about more information? What platform are you on? Does drag and drop work? Is this all files to all folders that fail? Do you get an error message? Does copying with a different program work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users,

Please reset your Bridge preferences if you are facing any issues with file operations.

Right click Move or drag and drop should work fine in Bridge CC 2019.

In case you still face issues, please let me know.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue has just started occurring for me today, whereas yesterday I did not have this problem.

Drag and drop copies instead of moves. Pressing command during the drag and drop works sometimes. No error message in either case.

I have reset the preferences using the command-option-shift function on startup of Bridge, but this solution did not work for me. I can confirm that my other preferences were deleted, but this issue persists.  Any other suggestions?

Adobe Bridge 2020 on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My suggestion is just like above user suggests: just use drag and drop. The 'copy' and 'move' functions in Bridge are super buggy. There are serveral similar cases in the past and this is a very serious issue. And we all know there is nothing related to preferences. Resetting it is just a desperate way to strike our luck. Adobe just doesn't give a damn.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/super-buggy-move-function-in-bridge-why-is-it-still-there/m-p/...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/missing-files-after-moving-in-bridge/m-p/11634338?page=1#M2572...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/problem-with-moving-folder/m-p/9732804?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/bridge-lost-files/m-p/9040530?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer move pictures from filmstrip in adobe bridge photoshop CS6, using windows. I have been using this option for years, now suddenly it has disappeared when right clicking on photo. The file option in the top menu bar, move to is grayed out. I have reset prefernces as suggested in this thread. Does anyone have a remedy for this problem, other than drag and drop. Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines