Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MS Office file Affiliation on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge2019/ Windows 10

Whenever i double click an MS Office file in Bridge - it launches After Effects.
What i did so far:

1. Settings - Files Affiliation - does not list any  Office applications so i can not change the afiliation here (hide unaffiliated formats is unchecked)

2. All system bound affiliations are correct and working properly. Even the highest admin level connects office files correctly to its app.

3. Reset preferences and restarted multiple times.

What works is: drag and drop the Office file from Bridge into the launched Office application. But that hardly is a long term solution.

Best,
MDC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Hi MDC,

Please install the latest updated version of After Effects and let us know if you are still seeing this issue.

Thanks,

Smriti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MDC,

Sorry that Bridge is not working as expected as it is opening MS Word files in After Effects.

There was a file association bug introduced in Bridge a while back where most file types would open in After Effects but this was resolved in Bridge version 9.1.

Please check that you have the latest version of Bridge installed.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,
thank you for your fast reply.

I am running 9.1.0.338
i uninstalled and reinstalled - restared and cleared preferences again. Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. Which version of Adobe After Effects are you using?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is launching 2019 but i have 2018 installed as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be the problem, please refer this discussion Bridge open all types of files in AfterEffects.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MDC,

Please install the latest updated version of After Effects and let us know if you are still seeing this issue.

Thanks,

Smriti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated to the lates version of After Effects cleared Bridge preference and restarted - the issue is resolved now thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines