• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple copies of images created when uploading to Bridge

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm really hoping someone has had the same problem as me, and can provide a solution. Recently purchased a new Canon 5D Mark IV DSLR. Shot full RAW on a single card. When I uploaded my images to Bridge, as I always do, all the shots were triplicated! The root folder I created to upload my files to contains all the images, as expected. However, there are four other folders that are created:

1) MISC - contains no files

2) 100EOS5D - contains a copy of all the images

3) EOSMISC - contains my camera sidecar file (.ctg)

4) DCIM - contains another folder called 100EOS5D that contains a second copy of all the images, and another folder called EOSMISC, which contains a second copy of my camera sidecar file

Honestly, I don't know if this is a Bridge problem or something to do with my camera settings, so I'm attacking it from both sides. I've checked the settings on my DSLR a few times now and nothing seems amiss, so I'm leaning towards Bridge. Could Bridge be creating these extra files? Has this happened to anyone?

Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this camera and have experienced no such problem. I don't believe it is a problem with Bridge or camera but probably user error. Could I please ask you to explain clearly how you transferred your images from camera card to Bridge before commenting further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recommend using the Photo Downloader. Just copy files from the card with Finder/Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gather the card is not new unlike the camera.  Next time you put the card back in the camera, format it in-camera.  I think you have too many folders on the card.  Also, I'd use the Canon Software called EOS Utility to download your images to Bridge.  It will avoid duplicates and you can set it to only download images that haven't been downloaded before.  It has other benefits too such as allowing you to set your camera's clock to match your computer or to synch clocks between cameras.  Oh, and it lets you shoot tethered as well.  Camera ratings made in camera are recognised in Bridge for images downloaded this way as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in the latest v12 of Bridge that randomly duplicates or misses out images. There are several threads on the community relating to the same problem but Adobe doesn't want/can't do anything about it because Bridge is 'free'.

I have Nikon and use the RAW file format but the problem occurs no matter what the format of file.

The only way I work round it is to make the folder as a desktop folder then open from there but with my images on an NAS with over 30,000 images, it's not feasible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem; I now have 3 different folders, each of which seem to have repeated all of the RAW files I uploaded! I'm worried about deleting them however, in case maybe one of the folders contains some images that are not in the others... 🤦🏽‍:female_sign: My old version of Adobe Bridge never used to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultlulwwo8kbl5p

Please update to the latest version released yesterday.
https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html#may-2022

-Subbi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Subbi - I can't see where the download link is however?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alami08
You can find the update available on Creative Cloud Desktop app.
From within Bridge, if you navigate to 'Help' Menu and click on 'Updates', and it will land you at the correct place.

-Subbi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - sorry, I was looking at this on an ipad, & I hadn't actually downloaded Bridge on it yet! Have updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No pierda tiempo, es un fallo de la versión 12 que espero arreglen de una vez 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "multiple copies" when downloading images from Photo Downloader is a known problem. You have three options:

1) Backup to a previous version of Bridge

2) after downloading, simply delete the duplicates

3) for many people, switch from the Standard view to the Advanced view before downloading from PD.

For me, #3 works very well with no other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura22092991cm70
This ingest issue is fixed in the latest Bridge release (version 12.0.2)  that is available today.
Do update to the latest available version.
Find details of other bug fixes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html#may-2022

-Subbi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines