• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Bridge problems

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bit the bullet and took the subscription, since my CS6 stand-alone won't work in my new computer. Initial impressions: NOT GOOD!!!

• For instance, I bring up a folder of shots. How many are there? Doesn't tell me. Will I be working with 10 or 100 files? It's good to know sometimes.
  • Camera Raw is AWFUL! CS6 had operations in a row on the top; now they're all over the place. Again, no indication of progress.
  • Etc.

Is there any way to convert this awful interface to something like a "legacy" Bridge and Camera Raw?

(Don't get me started on the new Photoshop!)

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jerry,

Yup, change is hard. But things evolve, even software. When the new ACR popped up, the rage against it was pretty impressive. However, as people have gotten used to it, the rage has tempered down to the folks like you who've just walked into the "new ACR."

Just be patient, you will grow to like it. 

Let me try to point out a few things:

First, the image count is found in the Content pannel, bottom left:

2022-01-23_17-28-58.png

As long as I have this image up. Sometimes people see their thumbnails but not the name, etc. of those thumbnails. That can be changed here. Also, if you just want to tap a # to give a rating or label, you can change that here as well.

I'm not sure I understand when you say "no indication of progress." What progress?

If you want to go back to CS6, you will need to get an old computer, an old OS, and you'll be good. 

Meanwhile, I STRONGLY suggest you continue to work with it and stop trying to drive a stick shift in an automatic. I'm not trying to be rude but you want it to work like it used to. It is not going to happen. But, if you give this some time and a chance, it will be just fine, and probably better.

good luck!

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines