• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Camera RAW + Bridge Update Posing Big Issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am coming from such a place of frustration that I do not know what else to do but to post here in hopes someone can help. 

I am on a 2019 Macbook Pro MacOS Version 12.4 Montery. I was having a lot of lag time when moving files around in Bridge, but zero issues with Camera RAW where I do most of my editing because I do not have internet at home to utilize LR. 

Now that I have updated Bridge and CRAW to the newest versions I feel like throwing my laptop in the river. My lag time for moving files feels 3x longer than it used to, and simple tasks like reviewing files to label them in the culling process is taking FOREVER because not even a low grade vserion of the image will pop up for me to review without taking many seconds to load.... I am editing weddings and very many portrait sessions so this is really cutting into my ability to deliver galleries quickly and do my job efficiently. I've cleared and compacted the cache, turned things off and on, shut down bridge only to re-boot it and have the same problems. Now I just opened bridge to do some editing and my presets are turning my images black, solid black. When I select all of my images in CRAW to apply a preset to them half the images appear black, even though in the bar at the bottom where you can see the image que, the images appear with the preset. 

I cannot work like this and I feel like I am losing my mind with all of the constant trouble shooting and delays to what should be routine workflows. 

What am I missing?

TOPICS
Camera RAW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @lilas42470353 Man, I feel your pain. I do agree that when you're using an application that should work a certain way and it's not, it's a double whammy because then you can't get done what you need to get done.

I cannot test your system because I'm running 12.6, and I've got a Mac Studio. However, what you're describing should not be happening with what you have. I have some questions and things for you to try.

1) How many images in your folder? 

Bridge was never designed to be viewing 10,000 images in a folder. Hundreds is more like it. One of the things that makes Bridge different than other viewing applications is that the thumbnail is supposed to represent the image that you have, not the embedded jpg that most other viewers rely on. That's why it can take longer to view the thumbnails and images, it has to get the data and figure out how to display that. 

2) What is this dropdown on your computer look like? Does it match this screenshot?

2022-11-06_16-31-01.png

If you want speed, these are the recommended settings. Otherwise, you have to select what is most important to you.

3) Have you Purged the Cache for the folder you're looking at? Sometimes the folder can collect too much "stuff" and performance can drop. If you haven't, go to Tools (men) -> Cache -> "Purge cache for (that) Folder."

Please try these things and let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thing about only having small numbers of files in folders is absolute rubbish!  Bridge ALWAYS handled large numbers of files in folders before CC2019.  With Collections now, Bridge is going to have to handle thousands of files in that collection.  If your camera can have thousands of RAW files on one card and you download to your computer, are you saying that Bridge can't handle that and you should only download them in small batches to different folders?  Get a grip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On cards with 2k+ CR3 images, I have having to move 200 images at a time in the importing process and cannot view anything with any amount of manageable time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we wedding photographer I am looking at thousands of images every day that I edit and I have had zero problems til the last two upgrades. Bridge has been able to handle this in the past and now for some reason my entire workflow is not possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes those are all my settings and like my text above said, I have purged and compacted the cache many many times, sometimes literally seconds from the last time I was told to compact my cache. If adobe wanted to drastically change the capabilities of their software from what it used to be then some explanation would be the kind thing to do so many photographers in the middle of busy season can make the switch to software that actually supports our ability to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the same issues with the Canon software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only ever used Bridge and Camera Raw for post work. Never used Canon or any other software but I am looking into that today because my clients are wanting their images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm asking because that could help narrow down the issue you are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problemi che ho avuto anch'io la settimana scorsa, dopo aver installato l'ultima versione. Ho Risolto il problema tornando alla versione precedente. 

Non sono l'unico ad aver riscontrato questo problema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines