• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon raw not visible in Bridge 2021 (v11.02)

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have seen several posts regarding Bridge issues with Nikon raw files from a variety of Nikon models, but I want to be sure I confirm this before I actually pay money for a real image asset management app. 

I have 4tb out of 8tb used with images from NEF, TIF, PSD, JPG, etc and I select the drive, tell Bridge to include all subfolders and wait. It only shows me 8500 total files, clearly that is incomplete, to say the least. 

Then, I tried to search for .NEF extensions or simply search for RAW in file type (filter option not avilable and no NEF option under file type index, either), which seems amazing since practically every file on the drive is in .NEF format.

Only found JPGS & TIFS and even though I selected 'no hidden files' I sure did get a TON of them, and only about 1/4 of those. 

What's the problem here? Camera Raw is installed and up to date. I am signed in to all my apps and even tried the 'open Photoshop, quit Bridge, relaunch Bridge' trick which did not work. I am not trying to process anything, I jsut want to see all the files on my drive and use Bridge to organize.

Does Bridge work with Nikon? I can only see two camera models under that filter, it is missing my D750 & Z6, clearly none of the images shot with those cameras are even recognized.

This is a huge and major problem. 

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot speak for or about Nikon files becuase I am a Canon user but all of my Nikon using friends will attest that they are not having this issue. There is something else going on.

But to clarify one point: do you have a drive with 4 tb of data all together in one folder on this drive? While I love Bridge I also understand and know that it cannot deal with one folder with that many images. It's just not designed or capable of dealing with that. If that is infact what you have, please try to move (say) a couple of hunded images into one folder in your Finder/Explorer and see what happens. 

I also suggest you rebuild Bridge's Preferences:

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Also, if you need or think you need to rebuild ACR's preferences, do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7AzupMPl0

And lastly, you may need to dump the image cache for the folder you were in (but at this point I'd recommend that you dump all caches:

Go to Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Manage Cache and then select as shown in screenshot.

2021-05-16_11-12-09.png

This seems like a lot but you having problems that you should not be having. So please do all this and let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines