• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Items to Display - Finder Not Working

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This week, the Find feature in my Adobe Bridge randomly stopped working. I typically use Find to search through hundreds of photos for work, all of which are labeled according to date, item, color, etc. When I load a folder into Bridge that I know has the images I need, I'll wait for the images to load and command + F to search for my files. Despite seeing all the photos load in the folder beforehand and knowing the file name exists within the folder, my search results yields "No Items to Display".

I tried emptying the cache, reinstalling + installing, wiping user preferences and even using the Bridge search at the top right corner of the application. None of these have worked, and it is incredibly frustrating. I use Bridge everyday for work and to have to manually scroll through hundreds of photos for the right one is a waste of time.

My only thought as to why the Find no longer works is because I recently uninstalled old versions of my Adobe software to clean up my computer programs. I can't fully remember if my uninstall spree and the Find not working correlate, but it's the only big change I've made on my computer that may have affected something. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

My software version is Adobe Bridge CC 2019, macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that when you cleaned up you dumped all of the cached information and Bridge has to re-index everything to be able to find your images. You said hundreds of photos, it will take time to find them all again.

I personally would switch to Lightroom for this if it's an option for you. Much better app for what you are trying to do.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible. I'm starting to remember having the very same issue when I first started at my job. I would hate using the Find option because my files never loaded, probably because I was a new user and opening the files for the first time.

I'll give it some time and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the menu Find command and include non-indexed files, what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I do this, no files or photos appear and "No items to display" appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines