• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number of files displayed next to folders.

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How can set Bridge to display the number of files contained in each folder I am browsing?

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

At the bottom of the window, I highlighted the display in yellow here.

Screenshot 2021-10-05 090041.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the window, I highlighted the display in yellow here.

Screenshot 2021-10-05 090041.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics,

Thank you for your help and the answer you provided.

As I asked the question I had something different in mind. It was my intention to find a way to have the number of files displayed next and to the right of each folder. Can this be done in Bridge? I am under the impression I had an older version of Bridge displaying this information but don't remember exactly how it did it.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot showing what you want, I'm not sure about your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics,

I don't have a photo to post since it doesn't show the numbers to which I refer.

Let me a bit more specific.

In Adobe Bridge the interface has the folder panel that allows you to browse your computer and disks. In my case I have navigated to my hard disk and have multiple folders listed. These folders should have to the right the number of images they contain. They should display a number showing the number of items inside each one of the folders. So if I have folder A next to it and to the right a number would show the number of files. For instance, it may show 38 meaning the folder contains 38 files or 38 images inside. The same would apply to folder B,  folder C and any other folder displayed in the Folder panel. Does this make sense?

Somehow I have a feeling Bridge has offered this in the past. 

Is there a way to turn on this behavior in Bridge?

Thank you again for you help and answer to my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has never been part of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics,

Can it be a part of Bridge and can we ask/suggest that this feature be incorporated in the next version of the software? 

In addition, I have found it difficult to find a file browser app to replace Apple's Finder. May I suggest that Adobe think of Bridge as File Browser app for Mac OS? I can't think of a better app to use in order to view all your files and organize them (assuming Bridge can be made to display previews of different file formats beyond image files).

Thank you for your answer and your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I might make my worst enemy use Bridge as a Finder replacement but nobody I liked. Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumigraphic has the correct answer but be aware that if you decrease the width of the Content Panel, the number of files is cut off. In fact, if you keep on decreasing the width, more bit of information is cut off.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines