• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output tab in Bridge pixelated

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding images to the 'Output' tab in Bridge they all appear very pixelated. I have tried adjusting the image quality to 12 but this has made no difference. Images appear fine on all the other tabs within Bridge. This has not always been the case, I have been able to view images in the Output tab without issue.

I have tried clearing my cache and adjusting other settings like 'use software rendering' but nothing appears to fix the issue.

I have tried on both my i7 iMac and  M1 Macbook and the issue persists. I have updated to the latest version of Bridge on both (12.0.2.252) and it is still the same.

It's driving me insane, I'm not able to create a layout in Output now as I can't see what the images will look like.

Once the file is exported it's fine, it's just the preview of the output that is the issue.

Has anyone come across this before?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image quality refers to the amount of compression done in the jpg image. If it were too weak, the image would have a lot of junk hanging around dark areas. Think of text against white or a telephone pole against the sky. Pixelated would appear if the image is too low resolution.

Can you take a screenshot of your image settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The image itself is fine, it’s a 56mb RAW file from a Fujifilm X-T4. I can open it in bridge and zoom in quite a bit with no issue, its only when I'm in the 'Output' tab that the images get pixilated. I’ve tried it as RAW, JPG and PNG and have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richard

This is an issue I discussed with an Adobe technical adviser today. It only seems to be happening on a Mac. I currently use an  Studio M1 Max, but the problem was occuring in previous years on my older macs too. The Adobe adviser admitted that he could see a pixellated output preview on his Mac, but said that the fault wouldn't be dealt with unless a sufficient volume of complaints prompted Adobe to fix the issue. I contacted Adobe with the same complaint 4 years ago and was hoping they would fix it in one of their recent upgrades. Older versions of Bridge 10+ years ago didn't have this problem with output preview. It's a very annoying situation!

Morgan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines