Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unknown error; quitting application

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a nightmare with Bridge since upgrading to the newest version.

The issue seems to be caused when I try to use one of my contact sheet templates on the 'Output' section and only relates to one, single, template. All other templates are fine.

When I select the template, I get the error message "Unknown error; quitting application" and the only option is to click "OK" which quits the program. Nothing else can be done. When I restart the program, the same screen appears and the error comes up again immediately.

I now have a workaround that involves deleting Bridge preference files and restarting my Mac but if I accidentally select the bad template when using the program, the issue begins again and I have to repeat the whole process, which is time-consuming and frustrating.

I am unable to delete the offending template as in order to do so, I have to select it, which causes the crash.

If anyone is having similar issues or knows of a fix, I would be very grateful of some help.

For reference:

Bridge Version: Adobe Bridge 2023 Version 13.0

Apple Macbook Pro 13-inch, 2019, 2.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Hi, sorry I'm not great with tech but hope this is what you need? Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a custom template, you would need to delete it in the Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WHHP Thank you for creating this post! We've shared this thread with the team. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WHHP Can share the output template?

You can find this by following this path :
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Bridge 2023/OutputModule/ContactSheet/UserTemplate

- Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry I'm not great with tech but hope this is what you need? Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @WHHP ,

We are able to reproduce the issue with your template.

We will investigate and update.
Thanks for reporting.

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing not mentioned, Adobe changed the XML format for pdf output templates between Bridge 2022 and Bridge 2023. I have no idea why but here we are.

I had to update one of my scripts that parses these templates to work with the new format. I do not know if Bridge 2023 automatically updates old templates if manually added or if this is part of the first run process. I suppose this could potentially cause problems if an old format template was added to the new version of Bridge.

If the template is in this format, its for Bridge 2023:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<prop.map version="4">
  <prop.list>
    <prop.pair>
      <key>BridgeOutputTemplateVersion</key>
      <ustring>13.0</ustring>
    </prop.pair>

If the template is in this format, its for Bridge 2022 and earlier:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<template>
  <data key="BridgeOutputTemplateVersion" value="12.0" />
  <data key="template" value="Contact Sheet 1" />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.2.630). This update includes the fix for this issue. Also, this Beta release includes several bug fixes done in the 13.0.1 public release. For details, see Fixed issues.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines