• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Downloader -- continued problems retaining settings on MAC OS

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to new iMac running macOS Big Sur (11.4), a PROBLEM has arisen that Photo Downloader always reverts to the default STANDARD setting.
(There have been problems maintaining my Advanced Settings in earlier versions, but now i always always switch from STANDARD TO ADVANCED and then reset all my settings from where to save, naming and copyright.)

OTHER PERTINENT OBSERVATIONS: This occurs whether it automatically opens when my iPhone connects or I choose "Get Photos from Camera" from the drop down menu in Bridge. 

Photo Downloader is set automatically open when my iPhone connects. (Note: all my creative cloud applications are up to date.)  

The above compounded with Photo Downloader often aborts the download is very frustrating. (If anyone has thoughts why it quits midway, I'd welcome advice how to fixe that as well.)

There seem some answers for Windows users, however, can someone provide what to do on the mac.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Shelley

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone else came here searching for the solution but needs the Mac version, here it is:

Open terminal

Type mkdir "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC 2019"

This will create the settings folder in the hidden library preferences folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi erik. thank you.

can you be a bit more explicit on what this will do, maybe even why it will work?

i did this, substituting 2021 since that is the version on my computer, and it created a folder in the Library but not the hidden library of my user folder name. there there is one for bridge.  (see the screenshots attached).

and as gary noted below the CC seems dropped from the later version name as seen in the screenshot of my user folders library.

in the meantime, i'm trying uninstalling and reinstalling bridge, and see what that does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstalling bridge and reinstalling has not solved the issue.

sadly, the photo downloader window opens in standard and needs to be switched and have all the custom settings i desired input once again in the advanced window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erik, Was it in 2020 that they dropped the "CC" in application's names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it probably was 2020 when CC was dropped.

I am a Windows user but the issuewith Photo Downloader is that it saves or tries to save settings to the incorrect file. This has been reported to Adobe a long time ago but it has not been fixed. The current version of Bridge will not save your settings unless you have the Bridge 2019 folder I described. I believe that this solution is the same for Mac system.

Long discussion here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/bridge-photo-downloader-does-not-retain-settings/m-p/10292186#...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you. very wierd. however sounds promising.

it is very disappointing how adobe has not fixed, nor maintained some of their better features. 

giving this a try later this eve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines