• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Downloader date-based subfolders like Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really would like to switch to a workflow built around Adobe Bridge, but I prefer to keep my images organized into subfolders by year -> month -> day. Is there a way to import photos from a device into this structure like in Lightroom? If not, is this something I can request to be considered for future Bridge releases? I'd love to know if there is a reason this is a bad idea. It certainly makes navigating the folder structures much easier for me in general and seems like it would be a common way of organizing your photos.

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I'm not understanding you, you can.

2022-01-13_11-27-16.png

If that's not what you want, what is different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a single folder with the entire date string. That would be a lot of subfolders within a single folder if I shot 365 days per year. In Lightroom Classic, you can import into multiple subfolders. The first level is year, the next level is month, and the final level is day. I cannot find a way to do this in Adobe Bridge. So I end up with a set of top level folders for year. Within each of those are the individual months. And within each of those are the days. Lightroom Classic just imports like this directly from my camera with no problem. I cannot find any other program that can do this. I'm wanting to move to an Adobe Bridge-based workflow, but having to reorganize my entire archive is not something I really want to embark on. And I would hate to have to open up Lightroom just to import my photos into this structure which I prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines