• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

please add PICK flag support in Bridge

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can adobe please add Pick flag support for Bridge?  They have the "Reject" flag, so why not a "Pick" flag.  The reason I'm requesting this is for those who need to go back and forth between LR Classic and ACR perhaps, and Pick Flags don't seem to be supported in Bridge (the workaround I've found it to use 1-Star ratings as pick flags, but would be nice if Bridge actually supported the pick flag itself).

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

There is no such thing as a "Reject" flag in Bridge. There is Rating in XMP, setting to Reject in Bridge assigns a value of -1 to that Rating. Meanwhile, Lightroom flags are not written to a file, they only exist in the Lightroom Catalog.

So, basically, what you want is impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not mention your ultimate goal here or what you're trying to do, but accessing LRC images with Bridge, and doing anything to the images makes a mess within LRC because the database within LRC doesn't know about those changes. Then when you're back in LRC, you'll be stopped at every image and told that the image was altered by something outside of LRC and which version do you want to keep going forward?

the only full justification for this kind of activity is when you are moving images from Bridge to LRC never to return back to Bridge. 

so, what are you doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mainly asking for the pick flag function.  I'm aware that editing in either one (And then asking LR to read the metadata file -- XMP file) will pull in the edits done in ACR (and overwrite what's in LR).  Lightroom has a pick flag, but it seems (from waht I saw) Bridge ignores this in the XMP files.  My workaround is to use "1-star" to indicate a pick flag (both in LR and Bridge).  I just don't know why they have a Reject flag but no Pick flag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, this wasn't my question but as you suggesteed it depends on what you're doing. I cull and tag all my images in Bridge and then only move the best images to Lightroom. Saves space! If you have other ideas on a better workflow, I'd be interested in hearing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In LRC, I press the "x" key as I cull the images. Once I'm done with that folder, I search for all rejected images and delete. (Note: in LRC you can remove a file from LRC but it's still on the hard drive. The option just below "remove from the Catalog" is "remove from the hard drive" (forgive me but I'm going from memory on the specific words, just look at the window when you right-click and select "remove file(s).")

It may not work for you but that's what I do.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as a "Reject" flag in Bridge. There is Rating in XMP, setting to Reject in Bridge assigns a value of -1 to that Rating. Meanwhile, Lightroom flags are not written to a file, they only exist in the Lightroom Catalog.

So, basically, what you want is impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines