Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Preview does not fill the entire screen

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm presenting a bunch of photos that are a variety of sizes at least 1920 wide, but they do not fill the screen when I ask it to view in full screen. I think it's because I have a 2015 iMac with retina display. How can I get some of these image to show up loarger on my monitor?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. 

Bridge can only display a photo up to 100% of the pixel view.

I also have a 2105 iMac with retinal display and if an image only has 1920 pixels, it will use up only 1920 pixels of the Bridge Preview window. 

Sorry,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chris.handley@emory.edu wrote:

I'm presenting a bunch of photos that are a variety of sizes at least 1920 wide, but they do not fill the screen when I ask it to view in full screen.

In either of the full screen presentation modes in Bridge (View > Full Screen Preview or View > Slideshow), you can magnify an image up to 800% by pressing the + key, and reduce down to 100% by pressing the - (minus) key. I’m not sure if there is a key that simply fits an image of any size to the display.

You are probably right that part of the reason is that you have a Retina iMac. On the 2015 iMac, the screen of the 4K Retina is 4096 pixels wide, and the 5K is 5120 pixels wide. Both are more than twice as wide as a 1920 pixels wide image, so the only way a 1920px image is going to fill those screens is by enlarging the image with the + key during the presentation.

The ideal solution is to have originals large enough to fill your iMac screen at 1:1 magnification, but if you don’t, there is a workaround so that you don’t have to always press the + key. Use the Export panel in Bridge to batch-create copies scaled to fit the pixel dimensions of your screen. For example, create an Export preset that uses the Image Size section to save copies scaled up to fit within the Width and Height of your screen in pixels. Then, after you have settled on a set of images, drop them all on the preset in the Export panel and click Start Export. Pick up the finished enlarged copies and present those.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines