• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews in Bridge Lack Saturation and Contrast

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We used to use Preview in Bridge as a way to know if a file needed a second pass in Camera Raw. The quality in that Preview window was good enough to tell us if the color and contrast were right. It no longer is. It’s kind of “muted”, in my processor's words, not reflecting the changes made in the Camera Raw dialogue. This seems to be true only with the 24.0.1 release. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your color settings in Bridge under Edit>Color Settings to make sure they are synced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin - Yeah, they are synced on all our machines, and the difference is obvious regardless of what particular color space is chosen: North American General Purpose 2, Monitor, etc. Even in the fairly lossy jpg screenshot below you can see the difference in saturation between the RAW image on the far left and it's Bridge Preview version on the right.Bridge_RAW.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jonesFoto,
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version 
  • OS Version
  • Monitor color profile of OS
  • Color setting in Edit Menu -> Color Settings dialog
  • The details of the external monitor (if you are using any)

Please share the sample file/files on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is similar to something I *thought* I'd noticed recently. I was happy to get the problem with first/last selected opening. But I use fullscreen preview to help choose images for editing. It seems like they just aren't as sharp or have the contrast they used to. Usually, after selecting an image and hitting the spacebar, I'd wait a bit for it to load the high-res image. Now it doesn't seem as high res. I'd do the same thing as I arrowed through images - give it a moment to load high-res. 
This is on an iMac running the newest version of Ventura and the the newest version of Bridge (not at home to check the version, but I keep it updated as of this weekend).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have posted when I learned the following: this is definitely an Adobe-Running-on-Silicon issue. If you force Bridge and PhotoShop to open using Rosetta, all the older functionality returns. So that means this problem is firmly back in the lap of the Adobe developers; the chip is not going to change, the applications must.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @jjonesfoto2925.

The ONLY reason to run Bridge and/or Photoshop under Rosetta is if you have a plugin or some other item that is not ready for the M1. Either work just fine under M1 and by themselves are doing quite well. 

Also, please note: I have a number of PS plugins that have been rewritten and work just fine under M1. Please check to make sure that you have updated your plugins. If they are not updated, you need to contact the plugin's creator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in November, when I spent an hour on the phone with an Adobe support tech, she and I ended up at the exact same conclusion: at least with that iteration of Bridge/PhotoShop, there was a distinct difference in both colour and contrast between the Camera Raw preview image and the preview in Bridge, which only disappeared by opening the apps in Rosetta (her suggestion). She stated that there might be additional development required by Adobe to ameliorate the issue with certain Silicon-based Mac processors. 

Attempting to reproduce the issue today, it appears that that development has occurred: I see no difference between the two preview images, sitting side-by-side on the same screen, using three of our M1 MBP machines.

To be clear, we don’t use any third-party plug-ins in our stills processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @jjonesfoto2925

My apologies; I was unaware of this. Thank you for this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac is pre-silicon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines