• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem setting the location of Adobe Bridge Media Cache.

Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have found some discussions on setting the Bridge Cache—referring to the Cache Management, but not the Bridge "Media Cache". I have version 9.0.2.219 installed on a Macbook Pro (High Sierra 10.13.6). Through the Preferences > Cache Management, I can select a location and it works. From preferences > Media Cache, I can also select a location, only the location selected in the popup selection box is not being passed through to the select location function as it does with the Cache Management function, so effectively I am not able to provide it with my desired location. The desired location is still on a local drive partition. Is anybody else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Bridge cannot AFAIK change the media cache location. I think that Premiere Pro and possibly Media Encoder can do so (don't have them installed on this computer or I would check.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge cannot AFAIK change the media cache location. I think that Premiere Pro and possibly Media Encoder can do so (don't have them installed on this computer or I would check.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Certainly something strange has happened with my configuration. I set up a series of folders for caching by different Adobe applications on a different partition from my operating system to reduce the workload involved with a disk image restoration of the operating system partition. At some point I must have configured Bridge to use a specific folder as the Media Cache. The particular folder it now caches was intended for Adobe Media Encoder. Somehow Bridge and Media Encoder now both share the same designated folder. It is not causing any problems, but when I discovered this I tried to reconfigure Bridge preferences to make it use the designated folder for its media cache. However, as mentioned above, I cannot change this. The big question is how did I get it to use the folder it is using in the first place? It was done more than 18 months ago, so I don't have any recall. Perhaps previous versions had this capability, with more recent upgrades losing it? Is it posible I could have changed it using Media Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines