Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Photo Downloader

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many problems with Bridge Photo Downloader

1) When using the Photo Downloader why is there no default settings?

I want to upload images from my iPhone to my desktop but I do not want them to go into my "C:\My Pictures" folder. I want them to go to an external driver D but I have to set Bridge every time I upload images. Why can't it remember the last settings used, or have a default where I can determine where my images go. It seems to default to a set standard every time but there seems no way of changing this. I add copyright info, Keywords etc and renumber the files on every upload but I have too set this every time. This really slows things down.

2) When ~I connect my iPhone to Bridge/Photo Downloader it changes the sort order of the image.

It is sorting images not in numeric order, or date taken which would be the logical way to do things, but there doesn't seem to be any logic in the process now.

Photo Downloader appears to be sorting images in the date they were last accessed and not the date they were taken. S If I viewed a photo on my phone that I took 2 years ago, and viewed it today on my phone, tomorrow, if I upload the image to my desktop using Photo Downloader and set it to rename by shot date and folder by shot date, Photo Uploader creates a folder with tomorrow's date and renames it with tomorrows date. Not logical. Not helpful. Not wanted and not needed.

I'm trying to integrate photo's from my iphone into folders of images taken with my DSLR and renaming in convention with those from the DSLR.

This seemed a simple thing to do however Photo Downloader has completely screwed up this process. I now have images from 2016 and 2017 appearing in folders dated today 26 Apr 2019 and named as if taken today.

Please fix.

3) Please can Photo Downloader remember which images have already been uploaded and not display them again in the preview.

4) Because of No. 2 above I'm now having to upload images individually and sort manually into correct folders and renaming. There are over 3000 images and it's going to take a very long time now to do individually. After about 20 uploads or so, Photo Downloader freezes and won't connect any longer to mu iPhone. The only fix I have found to this is to switch the pc off, switch the iPhone off and start again.

Because of all the above, It now takes me about an hour to upload 20 images including renaming, adding keywords, templates, and sorting into folders.

Oh well, Over 3000 images still to download and at a rate of 20 per hour, i'll let you do the math...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can make feature requests here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines