• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Processing 300 dpi RAW images to 72 dpi jpegs

Participant ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to love Image Processor Pro, which made this a snap. Now it seems that the only option is to create an action for each size desired. Why doesn't Image Processor allow you to change the reolution? It's just plain stupid not to have this feature. Am i missing something, or is this a glaring oversight?

TOPICS
Feature request , Image processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well first off, Image Processor Pro is not technically an Adobe Product so it's not really fair to blame Adobe for any changes or lack of features. But you can do this in Image Processor.

Just set up an Action to set the resolution to whatever you want.

Assuming that the original dimensions are what you want (e.g., the inches by inches). Just set an action to change the resolution to whatever you want then OK that. Then stop the recording, and save it ("300 dpi" for example). and when you run IP, just add the Action at the end.

Hope that works for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer but this still involves creating actions for every size you want. Adobe should know that this is an obvious feature that anyone would need who's posting pictures on the web. Just sayin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAW images do not have a dpi assigned. That is done by the RAW processor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Yes, I make 300 dpi images files for my work. And some of them also 72dpi for the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Risky,

I cannot see any way of doing what you want to do without running Image Processor twice: once for 300 and once for 72. Why would running IP twice with two different Action runs for each run be any different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem. The way it is now, it's necessary to take extra steps. Image Processor should include an option to change the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of things: 

Before you were talking about Image Processor Pro, I've been talking about Image Processor because the "Pro" version has not been kept up to date and has issues. If you know anyone good at programing you can see if they want to continue with the "Pro" but otherwise, the non-"Pro" is what you have to work with. The current version of IPP is very old and all it can do at this point is the "Stack-o-matic."

#2: I haven't worked with IPP for years so I just do not remember: can you do two versions of resolution in one pass? If so, how does it work to know which ones you want two versions and which ones only get one version. THAT's the issue I do not understand which is why I stated that you have to run it twice anyway. 

Looking forward to hearing what you know on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re:#2 - yes i believe you can make two or more versions in 1 pass, but Bridge won't let me open IPP, so I'm just not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Riskypotato,

Well, if IPP is no longer available to you, doesn't that sort of make things simple? It may not be the solution you want but, as it happens, the decision was made for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines