Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD thumbnails previews missing in Adobe Bridge CC

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have quite irritating problem with Adobe Bridge CC ver. 9.0.2.219x64. Some of PSD thumbnails previews files are not available. Instead of previews there are icons only. I have tried to change names of files and save those ones with different names etc. and still there are no previews visible but icons. At the same time other PSD files form the same session are OK and previews are available. Please see attached print screen.

I very much appreciate good advice how to solve this irritating problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jakub sagan,

Please reset Bridge preferences  as per steps below  and purge cache for the folder containing such files.

Close Bridge, hold down Command-Option-Shift (on windows : Control-Alt-Shift) and then launch Bridge again. A dialog will appear asking what you want to do. Turn on the Reset Preferences checkbox and click OK

In case the problem persists, please send some sample files with abseth@adobe.com for investigation .

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just come up with the same problem: only cert PSD files will not display the thumbnail.  I tried both remedies suggested by Abhishek Seth but neither worked.  

Thanks,

Les Brown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what size are those images (mb). And check your preferences for thumbnails.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were way too big.  I just bought a 25Mp camera (up from 16Mp) and I'm just discovering what that has done to file size.  Once I compress my PSD files, or shrink them down some other way, the thumbnail displays just fine.  Thanks for the heads up.

LFB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all you have to do is change your preferences to process bigger thumbnails, i have mine set to 1000mb:

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 07.21.00.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue, tried to increse the default limit of the file size, initially only a few of the .psd files got refreshed and i was able to see the preview, but not for all of them. so i tried the Purge the cache method. now i am able to see all the previews of all the files.

PS:- i have my limit as 4096MB (4GB) as i am working with multiple layers in my projects. in other fourms i was suggest to have it up to 2048 (2GB) for a common woking cases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines