• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW thumbnails (Nikon .NEF)

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of Bridge CC doesn't show RAW (Nikon .NEF) thumbnails - only the NEF icon can be seen. No problem with previous version of Bridge, it happened just after the update!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Hi, found this thread as I was also having issues.  Solved my problem by going to the Camera Raw Preferences in the dropdown from Adobe Bridge. and then Raw Defaults - Master - (changed this to Adobe default)

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hubert,

Here are two things to try, if the first one doesn't work, than try the 2nd (and might be a good idea to do both as a maintenance option).

1st: go to your Preference and tap on Cache Management and select Purge cache:

2020-06-21_10-19-41.png

2nd Reset your Bridge's Preferences:

When launching Bridge, Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose “Reset Preferences”, Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache,” and/or Reset Standard Workspaces.”

Let us know how it works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it didn't work... I tried both, but had no success.
There is another bug, I've noticed: For the RAW files, no IPTC or EXIF data are shown, while they are for the jepg files (see below)

[cid:image001.jpg@01D64896.E10231C0]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot_bridge.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, found this thread as I was also having issues.  Solved my problem by going to the Camera Raw Preferences in the dropdown from Adobe Bridge. and then Raw Defaults - Master - (changed this to Adobe default)

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having this problem with NEF's downloaded from my Nikon Z5. In additon, I also noticed that I can not convert NEF files to DNG while downloading. I get an error message:

DNG Failed.png

NEF's from my Nikon D750 work properly with Photo Downloader, as do raw files from my Pentax X-70. When I connect my Z5 directly to my PC via USB cable, image thumbnails appear as they should, but I still cannot convert NEF's to DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked these settings and discovered that "Adobe Default" was already set in Camera Raw Preferences > Raw Defaults.

So now what? I still can not get NEF image thumbnails, nor can I convert NEF files to DNG during the download process with Bridge Photo Downloader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks a lot. Meanwhile, and after a 2h-chat with Adobe support, the problem has been solved: We've installed Bridge again and after that it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines