• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAWs open in wrong Photoshop

Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I double-click on a .CR2 file in Bridge, it fires up Photoshop CC2019 and Camera Raw 14.4.1. I can then open the image in CC2019 when I'm done adjusting in CR.

However, if I right-click on the image in Bridge, and select Open in Camera Raw from the menu, whenm I click Open Image in CR, it opens the file in Photoshop CC2018. All the settings in the prefrences point to CC2019, so why does the right-click method make it open in CC2018?

This is with Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening a raw file in Explorer but select open with, and make sure the system uses 2019 as the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only happens if I open Camera Raw directly from Bridge, and then click Open Image in CR. Opening a Raw any other way opens Photoshop CC2019 first, then Camera Raw.

Not only that, but if I launch CR from Bridge while I have Photoshop CC2019 open, and click on Open Image in Bridge, the image does not open at all.

There's no real reason to use this workflow, of course, but I can't figure why it would work this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, what would happen if you reinstall Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, it's not an issue. I almost always use "Open" from Bridge, not "Open in Camera Raw", and both Bridge and CR work great otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, things get messed up depending on how PS is installed. If you install an older version after a newer one, things really get messes up. I'm kind of going through that now, with ESTK not opening with my latest version, and opening files. Too lazy to change all the references.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, it's CC2018, AKA v19. In addition the the issue I described above, I recently noted that if I open some images in Bridge, and select Photomerge from Tools > Photoshop, it opens CC2018 for that as well.

Also, Browse in Bridge doesn't open Bridge on either Photoshop CC2018 or CC2020, opening the CC Desktop app instead

It all works as intended in the Creative Suite versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines