• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rename File

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating. I can't even rename a file. I only have Bridge open, I both tried to click the file name and right click>rename file.

Adobe Bridge warning pops up:

The process cannot access the files because it is being used by another process.

I've experienced this with Windows with the preview pane having "access" to the file but even if I close the preview pane, it still doesn't work.

Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared the cache and reset the preferences...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge CC (8.0.1) on Win 10 works just fine with that specific task. Which version and OS you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on CC 2017 and OS is Windows 10. Fully update on windows.  I can update bridge to see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can confirm whether this is a system problem (i.e. not a Bridge problem) by the following process:

1. Right click the file
  2. Choose "Reveal in Explorer"
  3. Try to rename the file in WIndows Explorer.

If you get the same error in Windows Explorer, you can rule out any problem with Bridge.

Please let us know what you find.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It is a Bridge problem.  I can rename clips outside of Bridge.

I hoped that I would be able to utilize Bridge and its preview feature to rename files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you said clips, are those videos?

I believe Bridge uses another process to visualize them.

Check with the latest version, if it is fixed in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with CC2018. I can rename the clips (videos) in Windows Explorer on the drive that is Mac formatted, and I can rename clips (videos) in Adobe Bridge that are on a Windows-formatted drive (exFat or NTFS). The combination of trying to rename files in Adobe Bridge on a Mac-formatted drive that uses the program MacDrive to enable the drive to be seen in Windows seems to be the pain point. I hope that makes it clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I wonder if that is a supported case, did you also ping the MacDrive team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to get this to work? I'm using MacDrive on a Windows 10 PC and I am unable to rename the files in Adobe Bridge. I can rename the files on the drive itself using Windows Explorer and can rename files on the PC that are not on a Mac-formatted drive in Adobe Bridge without a problem. The combination of using Adobe Bridge and files on a Mac-formatted drive is preventing me from renaming those files in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also intermittently get this issue.  No other apps open, working on clearing out folders of junk and renaming them when completed, sometimes one folder just will not "let go" of being "used" even though I am not.

Rename folders.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same thing stil happening to me, 5 years later. nothing else is open that would be using the files. i don't understand what could possibly be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines