Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rename files with Bridge

Explorer ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to rename new photos on the harddisk.

I prefer the serial number (01, 02, 03...) and then the date the picture was taken eg 2017-05-12.

So I need a form like yyyy-mm-dd, but in Bridge I  only can chose yyyymmdd.

I also can't rename the files with Lightroom,

because when importing them I only add them to the catalogue and don't copy them

So what can I do?

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Ronald

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Hi Ronald (nice name)

Simply split it in several items

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronald (nice name)

Simply split it in several items

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heiron3/Ronald – the key is to use the + plus symbol on the right hand side of the window to add additional filename option fields.

Note: You may wish to tick the “preserve current filename in XMP metadata” checkbox, just in case you have to revert to the original filenames in the future.

Agreed Ronald Keller, in their wisdom, Adobe do offer split options for YYYY, MM, DD… however Lightroom also offers split options for HH, MM, SS – while Bridge does not, only HHMMSS, HHMM or milliseconds are offered in Bridge.

If one does wish to add a delimiter character such as a hyphen, underscore or period to the HH-MM-SS value, one has to use the “regular expression” renaming feature, such as:

Prepression: Bridge vs. Lightroom Batch Rename Comparison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey buddies,

thank you very much for helping.

It's as simple as that.

Best wishes

Roanld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ronald Keller, that is genius! I've been wrestling with this issue all day, looking on different forums, and none delivered as common-sense a solution - for Bridge, not Lightroom - as yours. Thank you so much!! You just saved me hours of time over the course of months. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines