• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming images

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just starting in Bridge.  Using a Mac.  Not using the Photos app.  I want to individually (not batch) rename my images.  I do not have thousands and I have developed a convention which I like.  It seems that this is easier to do via finder than within Bridge - fewer clicks.  I have done no work in Bridge so far.  Just have built my keyword list and am experimenting.  I was planning to rename the images and add keywords at the same time within Bridge.  But it appears easier to do this within each folder outside of Bridge.  Am I missing a downside?  Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janet,

As far as renaming images, if you are looking at your image in any given folder and click on the first name of the first image, then click again (not a double-click, rather a click-pause-click) you will then have the name selected for renaming. Go and rename that file. Then tap the "TAB" key and Bridge will bring you to the next image with the name already highlighted ready to rename.

As far as adding keywords, here's a good video showing the main issues and highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MoXNNTWYXI

Good luck!!

In this video you will learn how to add Keywords to your images with Adobe Bridge. Don't forget if you are a fan of the printed page there is a FREE e book to accompany the video just click the link below to download it from my downloads page. Link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F2 also selects the name for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(If you're on a Mac you may need to set your Keyboard Preferences to make this work the way you want to.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I will try this out.  I ran across that YouTube video last week and, you are right, it was very helpful in explaining hierarchies.  Right now I am figuring out which parent keywords I want bracketed and which ones I don't.  I am a retired librarian cataloger and I feel like I am back at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tabbing method worked fine.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I am sure I will be back with other questions as I start this project, long on the back burner.  -Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines