• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset Labels (keep me out of the nut house).

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I reset labels? They've gone white and I DESPERATELY need them to go back to whatever color they were. 

I reset Bridge (didn't work, shocker there... please stop telling people to do that, it rarely ever fixes the problem).

I've tried renaming them "red" "yellow" (even tried "Red" "Yellow").. and renaming them "Selected"... nada.

How do I fix it? I read it's somethign in the metadata... GREAT! I can't find the label info.Where do I access that info to fix/change it so it shows the right color? I'm literally losing my sh*t over this. Save me from the white coats, please. 

TOPICS
Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the label names to the default values. They have to be exactly this. "Selected" won't work, it has to be "Select"

Br_label_prefs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know.. I had it right... just typed it wrong here. Thanks for the
response but it's not the problem unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know.. I had it right... just typed it wrong here. Thanks for the response but it's not the problem unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if that WAS the problem though, aren't all the images going to have metadata with different "labels" since they were customized in Bridge when labeled?

I need to know how to access the Metadata so I can match what the images have (or match the images to what I have customized).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File > File Info (Ctrl/Cmmd + i) and click Raw data. Search for xmp:label

Unfortunatley, you can't edit the label in the File Info panel. I don't think there is a way to edit them in Bridge, except for a custom script. There are other tools you can use though.

Br_file_info_label.jpg

You might also look at the labels in the filter panel. Are there any labels besides the standard ones?

Br_filter_labels.jpg

Let us know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I haven't checked it out yet but you've given me an answer I can definitely work with! THANK YOU! I've spent way too long on this but I know that I rather use pen and paper than use Adobe Bridge Labels... technology has me wishing pen and paper would make a comeback more and more every single day. lol

Thanks again! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally forgot about the filter panel! What a tremendous help that alone was! I can't thank you enough! Seriously! You save me from the loony bin! I owe you BIG TIME! lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome. We still have to get the proper label colors to appear. Let me know what you find in the metadata and then we'll figure out the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a note on how labels work. A label is written into the file metadata as text, so (for example) "Select" is a default label. Its up to the individual app to assign/match a color to that label. Labels are arbitrary, you can use pretty much any label text. An app is also not automoatically limited to a small number of labels, Bridge in theory could support as many labels and colors as the developers wanted to add.

When Bridge finds a label in the file metadata, it looks up its Label assignments (which are set in Preferences) and displays a color if a match is found. If there is not a match, Bridge shows a white label.

The Bridge UI can only directly assign labels per the settings in Preferences, but a script could change the labels text in a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines